It's a Very Good Friday...

4.22.2011

As a child, I always wondered why this day is called 'Good' Friday... How could the day that we remembered the death of Jesus ever be called 'Good'... It seemed so awful to me... As I've grown, and grown in Grace, it's made more and more sense... It is a 'Good' Friday... It's Good because Jesus accomplished it all when He suffered and died on that cross... He lived a perfect life... And then He took all the sin of all humanity, before the cross and after, upon Himself... He paid it all... And that is very Good... And of course, three days later, God gave His seal of approval that Christ's sacrifice was indeed Good when He raised His Son from the grave... This is 'Good' Friday and this is Easter... And this is why I am so thankful to love and serve a Lord that paid it all...

When I think of 'Good' Friday, this song, "Praise the Lamb" by the lovely Alli Rogers comes to mind... I hope you'll listen and enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. This is the best time of year. I just love the church services. It's my nameday on Easter too so that just makes it even more fun. :)

    ♥ sécia
    www.petiteinsanities.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails